COIF Forum
The Corum Online Information Fansite Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advertisement; a pain in the ass, but it must be done.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    COIF Forum Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TubeSock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Advertisement; a pain in the ass, but it must be done. Reply with quote

We all know Advertising a site is a huge pain in the butthole. But we also know, its vital to the site's success. You can have the best site in the world, but only get 1 visitor per week. That's not a very good thing... In this thread, you can make ANY suggestions of or related to advertising COIF. Here are some tips and suggestions that I'm going to make myself.

In Game; advertise COIF whenever you can, and when there's lots of people around to see your message. I do it whenever I'm passing by the market in Ludilos and Idha. There's always lots of people buying and selling stuff, and I walk past saying "Visit Corum.Saivias.com today! A great fansite with everything you need!". I usually get a few "Ok"s and "Sure"s. Also, whenever I'm dueling someone, right before the duel starts, I quickly tell them to visit the site after the duel. Whenever you're near a crowd or whenever you're with someone who you know will check it out, don't miss your chance. It's not that hard. Make an effort for COIF.

If you see a person is working on a quest. Ask them if they need any help, and then show them to the quest guide section of COIF. There's 3 things on the fansite that attract people the most.
1- Skill guides
2- Bestiary (Monsters)
3- Quest Guides

Also, the COIF thread in Corum Forums, (http://corum.gpotato.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1443) must be kept bumped to attract the most possible people. Say stuff that will make it sound important as well instead of just a borinbg old "Bump..."
Also, Dace, you should work on the thread. Make it as long as possible, and make it look really sophisticated and useful.

Anyways, if you have any ideas that I haven't mentioned, even if you think they're stupid or they wont work, just go ahead and post them here!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    COIF Forum Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: